Challenge

chal-lenge: noun a calling to account or into question

Follow along as I challenge the tricks, tips, clever craft and decorating ideas and "simple" recipes that we clip, bookmark, and "pin" for trial at a later date.

Are they really worth the effort? Time (and I) will tell!



Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!



I love the beginning of a new year. There’s nothing like a fresh new calendar, journal, planner, etc. to energize me. I set goals for myself every year even though they seem to be a continuation of last year’s goals. I’m like a little inch worm working my way toward the ultimate prize. Although unlike the inchworm, I do take the time to stop and see how beautiful the marigolds can be as I make my way ever upward. Maybe that’s why it takes me so long to get there!

My goals this year are like millions of others: health and fitness, spiritual well-being, and expanding my knowledge of the world around me. All easily translated into the cliche body, mind and soul. But if you think about it, what else is there?

Body: Healthy menus including those dreaded fruits and vegetables! Besides adding to the healthy, I pledge to eliminate the bad. Eliminating the bad will prove to be the most difficult. I say this as I sip the last of the Festive Ale and eat the last bag of kettle cooked potato chips. I will exercise more consistently this year including weight training and yoga. I think my dvd’s have been sufficiently reviewed from the couch. I have a new Personal Fitness and Nutrition Log that I will faithfully complete each day.

Mind: My professional career is ever evolving and if I want to stay competitive(and employed) I will need to speak with knowledge and authority. My goal is to stay in tune with the changes in government policies and procedures and make myself an invaluable member of the team. Selfishly, I hope to hang on to my job for a few more years!

Soul: I will find a not-for-profit organization that can make good use of my skills and abilities. I will volunteer time each week to help them reach their goals while enriching my own life.

I don’t believe my goals are self-serving because they all benefit others as well as myself. I’m excited to get started and see how far I can get. Maybe you can be an inchworm too and keep working toward your ulitmate goal whatever it might be. Don’t be discouraged, it all takes time. Best of luck with your New Year’s goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment